Every day we set ourselves specific goals, but we can not always reach a logical conclusion. That’s because it’s often not easy for us to set priorities and formulate tasks correctly. Is it possible to turn our goal from a ghostly mirage into reality? Let’s try to find out.
What is a goal and what is it for?
What is a goal in general, and why do people set it? A goal is not just a dream. It is the result in the future that you want to get through specific actions. This is daily work to overcome obstacles and proper self-organization.
Yes, you will have to mobilize all your strength, get out of your comfort zone and become the best version of yourself. But if you do not make any effort, you will not achieve anything. No one knows better than you what specific actions you need to take to achieve your goals.
Becoming successful in any sphere of life is possible only thanks to a clearly defined goal. People with a clearly defined goal confidently go through life, step by step approaching their dreams. At the same time, abstract fantasies do not give us anything but constant throwing and not understanding which direction to move.
A purposeful person knows exactly what he wants to achieve and what he must do for this. His life is filled with meaning and certainty. The desired goal allows you to realize the hidden potential makes it possible to develop and change for the better.
How to set goals and achieve them
Setting goals is a real art. The final result directly depends on the correct setting. But equally important are the ways to achieve the goals. This can be learned by performing six simple actions.
- As paradoxical as it sounds, but do not set too many goals for a short period of time. It is enough to set 3-4 important goals for the next few months and concentrate on them. Why not more? The fact is that the subconscious mind will not effectively process a large amount of information, and there is a possibility of simply not moving from its place. It is much more productive to focus on a few priority goals, gradually closing them and defining the next ones. If you have global goals that can take several years to implement, break them down into small sub-goals and focus on them.
- It is important to clearly understand what exactly you want to receive and in what time frame you will act. Vague phrases will only confuse you, so designate your goals so that the result can be measured. How much do you plan to earn in six months? How much to increase sales in three months? After what time will you be fluent in a foreign language? It’s wrong to think abstractly, “I want to learn English.” It is better to plan as follows: “I will watch films in English without translation in a year.”
- Write down your goals on paper in detail. Do not just say them, but give the subconscious a command, correctly formatting it in writing.
Targets, vaguely articulated and not recorded anywhere, chaotically wander in the head like a flying Dutchman. And this means that you can relax and not work on your goals because they are more like vague dreams than precise tasks. In addition, to achieve the desired, it is necessary to formulate your thoughts exclusively in a positive way, without denial and negativity. None: “I don’t want to celebrate my next birthday at home.” It is more correct to write: “I will celebrate the next birthday in Paris, London, Zhmerynka (necessary emphasis).” It will be more challenging to get off the planned path if you always reach aspirations fixed on paper.
- Every day, go to your goal in small steps. It would be too easy if success could be achieved by making just one big leap. Any significant achievement consists of small bricks. Taking a small step towards the goal is quite simple, followed by the next and next. Thus, the whole path will not seem too long, and the final result will approach imperceptibly. Do not postpone for later what you have planned. Want to build a dream home in 10 years? Tomorrow, start looking for a beautiful project and choose an architect. You will see how step by step your global plans turn into reality. Do not wait for the right moment, but act right now.
- If you see that some adjustments need to be made on the way to achievement, feel free to do it. Flexibility is not a vice, but the ability to adapt to changing circumstances to your advantage. After all, if you can’t get home because of the repair of the road, will you stand on the side of the road for a week and wait for it to open? I don’t think so. So in the case of the goal: do not wait for favorable circumstances that may not come at all, but go around. You’ll still get to the end point, just in a different way.
- There must be motivation that aligns with your life values. Make sure that you are interested in the implementation of the goal and know exactly why you need to get the result at all costs. If the goal is really important to you, you will definitely be able to answer the question: “Why do I need this?”. It often happens that the goal is imposed on us by the environment or close people and does not represent any value for us personally. In this case, such a question will baffle, and you really will not know, in fact, why. And to go to someone else’s goal is unpromising.
Traps to Avoid
On the way to achieving the goal, many traps await us. Some of them we may not notice immediately, while others do not take seriously. But one way or another, these factors are slowing us down. Knowing about them in advance, we will successfully overcome any obstacles.
- Laziness, sticky laziness that spoils everything and prevents you from moving anywhere.
- Self-doubt, self-doubt, fear of making a mistake.
- Vague wording that does not give a clear idea of the final result.
- Unwillingness to work on yourself and make certain efforts.
- Lack of a clear step-by-step implementation plan.
- Inability to act in unforeseen situations.
- Goals imposed by someone, mistaken for their own.
- Abstract, indefinite deadlines that turn any goals into desires.
The impossible is possible!
Don’t give up. No, it’s not: DON’T GIVE UP! No one said it would be easy. But if you really want something badly, defeats will turn into an incentive to move forward with new strength. There are no successes without disappointments and achievements without mistakes. The most important thing is how we feel about it. Can we learn lessons and keep going? If the goal is really important to us, the obstacles on the way to it will turn into the next steps. And the more steps, the more desirable the goal will be.
Do you have your secrets to achieving your goals?